Sunday, August 10, 2008

When It's Okay to be the Fresh and Easy Girl

Liam and I ventured into Fresh and Easy to use this week's coupon stash. Owned by the English Tesco (but their biscuits are rubbish, go figure), they cater to those with a busy lifestyle (hence, the easy). The fun part is that they give out these $5 off every $20 coupons every time you walk in the door. They are usually dated for the next week but you can save up and literally use one for each $20 you spend. So if there is to be a FRUGAL CHIC trophy recipient, I boldly nominate self. (Not exactly the most glamorous of trophies, but hey, when is the last time I got a trophy? I think it was the 6th grade. Fifty yard dash.)
$105.23 worth of groceries for $80.23.
Other moments of the day included: letting Luke be himself (boy: noise covered in mud).
And then watching him plop.

Leila rockin' out in a why-is-her-hair-so-funky-but-
who-cares-look-how-much-fun-she's-having moment

and other general happiness.

I highly encourage the reading of this post.

Nighty night.
xo
g

6 Comments:

Blogger Cecily R said...

Love love LOVE these pictures.

And your grocery bill is something to be jealous about. If I ever get coupons I can never find them when I need them!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I can never find them when I need them either. Kroger used to send $7.00 coupons in the mail. I don't get the good ones anymore. Your children are growing up so much. I haven't been to your site (or anyones for that matter) in a while, so I thought I would stop by and see how things are.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe how much Luke is changing, he is really looking like a big boy!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Wonderful pictures of your kids playing and being themselves! Great job on the grocery savings, too. That is something I am pretty bad at remembering, so I have given up!

7:46 AM  
Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Gina, the cuteness overfloweth. I LOVE that boy definition. Totally spot ON!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Deborah Fantasia said...

I can TOTALLY relate to the coupon thing, hey we have to take our moments when we can get them :)

Love the "letting Luke be himself," I've eased into this myself over the last couple months.
How liberating it truly is to no longer worry/care about dirt, clutter, or crumbs !!!!!!
Who cares, that's what baths, brooms, and shelves/bins are made for.

Deborah

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home