Wednesday, September 10, 2008

50 mm: A Study

I'm playing Sevens from this is reverb.

seven experimental shots...
1)I shall now show you a completely overblown but there's something I like about it photo.

2)modeling the carrot stained lip/convict onesie ensemble.

3)I am not amused.

4) still not

5)Okay, maybe I am a little.

6) Here's a way too closely cropped (but give me some leigh way -- no one know how to spell that -- lee way? li wai? nope) because I just only got this lens in the mail yesterday.

7) Two new teefs.


seven "Yeah, Luke!" moments this week
Said "I want some water" without being prompted.
Running with his hands to his side (not flapping) and with his head up.
Identified the color red without being prompted.
Singing the "abc's" and not only humming the tune.
Sleeping through the night and not waking until six.
Double YEAH!
Eating a little more, gaining some weight back.
Started kindergarten!

seven general good things
Adobe Lightroom
this cake. (Even though nothing will ever beat mom's Texas sheet cake.)
Most of the improvements have been made on this property after it's abandonment last month and it's ready for a tenant WHOO-HOO (no one knows how to spell that either)
Learning about shooting with manual settings
CBS starts tomorrow
Getting this huge (50 plus) box of fun and well-read paperbacks from a yardsale for TWO BUCKS! (If something is really cheap you get to say BUCKS! instead of dollars.)

Watching her fall in love with books (enough to cuddle them to her body in sleep.)


Nighty-night.
g

11 Comments:

Blogger michelled said...

Hi, there. Just stumbled across your blog from Pastor Ryan's. When I saw your "overblown" shot it made me think of what Lyndsay at www.lifeinmotionphotography.com/photoblog/ would do with it. Check out her 8/28 post. Sounds like we are both moms with little kids who are into photography. Mine are a little older now (9, 7, 4 and 2).

Keep up the good work!

www.threemenandalittlechica.blogspot.com

5:24 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

Hi Gina,
Thats a great lens. Its the one I started out with :-)

Be careful tho... easily broken.. I barely dropped mine like an inch and it hit just right on the tip of the lens (on the outside, not the glass).. and it broke in two. i was so sad!!

But I ended up buying a used one for 25 bucks.. its the 1.8 I tho not the 1.8 II... so its a tad slower than the II.

If you ever wanted a more sturdy 50mm try the 50mm 1.4


http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Standard-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00009XVCZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1221143479&sr=1-1


But honestly if you want an all around fab lens...

I am in love w/ my tamron..

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-17-50mm-Aspherical-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000EXR0SI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1221143508&sr=1-1

Its not a set lens... but it gives you a beautiful range w/out loosing the clarity of a 50mm.

7:32 AM  
Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I LOVED those shots Gina! I have the 50mm f/1.8 II and have a hard time getting good IQ shots with it. The poor thing sits in my bag WAY TOO much - perhaps I should get my nifty 50 out today!

12:42 PM  
Blogger T-Bone said...

Gina-- I love the "overblown" one! And the "I am not amused" picture-- reminds me of Sir Winston somehow.

Spellin'--

- leeway
- woooooo hooooooo!

Another reader in the family- thank Heaven!

And fantastic, exciting developments for Lukey! Woooooo hoooooo!

Aren't you so glad we aren't in Corpus right now?

Love, T-Bone

4:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gina,
Love your photos - what a photog you are!
I am excited to be taking my very first college digital photography class this fall.
And purchasing a new camera to boot! Haven't made the decision on that one yet: the Canon EOS Rebel or the new Nikon D90. Really want the Nikon but $400 more than the Canon.
Any input?
Love ya,
Jlo

9:24 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

WoooHooo on having the opportunity to write it. And you are right, no idea how to spell it. Love the pics, but always do.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't get enough of your blog and telling friends to visit...OK can I move to SC and squeeze my family into this home??
Hey missy...I want to blog about your photo business..I'll e-mail you about some ideas when you're ready..I want to brag/blog about you.
xo

oh and movie date too

9:45 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

What priceless photos! OMG, your son's smile warms the heart, and your sleeping princess is just adorable.

Btw, I think we have the same collection of books...Clifford and Franklin are big hits with my 7 year old.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

sounds like we need to get together and talk photography. i've been busy trying to grasp the whole manual concepts as of late. i'm excited to learn, but it would be great to talk to someone about it! what kind of camera do you have? i just got a dSLR, so i have some learning to do ;) take care!!!!! all the best in your photography pursuits...you always take such great photos.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

They're all PERFECT! :-)

9:06 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

LOVE the pictures of your little man...all so adorable..especially the "WE are not amused!" hee hee

TWO BUCKS!!!! My mom cleaned out her teacher books when Jay was born...he has a curious liking for one called "Just One" about two squirrels who go to pick black berries...when the big one (Old-and-Gray) goes off to get something to put the berries in to carry them home, the little one (Digger) starts to share the berries with a mouse, a duck and a bouncy baby rabbit. I have zero clue what the appeal is, but its his fave..and it was FREE!! WOOHOOO!!! (that's how I spell it!)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home