Saturday, September 06, 2008

Mooving



A mom at Leila's Saturday morning tennis lesson was telling me about the joys of starting a home business, as she casually hands me a Cookie Lee catalog. "What do you do for a living?" She asks. "I'm a mom." Proudly, I respond. "And a photographer." I felt the unwelcome need to add.

"Really? We've been looking for someone to photograph our whole family. Bring me some of your business cards next week. I'd also like to put some on our bulletin board at work. I work at social services and we place children in homes with loving families. We have lots of families who would love to have their photos taken together with their new children."

So, I'm diving in.
And printing moo cards.

9 Comments:

Blogger Drea said...

Hi Gina, I am so pumped that you are starting a business!!! how exciting.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Its hard getting started but it picks up speed fast.. and you have such a natural talent you wont have any problem booking clients.

If you need a nice flash layout for a photography site WINKLET designs is where mine came from. Its super easy to update.

Keep me posted!

Drea

12:12 PM  
Blogger T-Bone said...

Ahhhhh! Fabulous!!! This will be perfect for you, sweetie. Just perfect. Good for you! I'm very happy and excited for you.

12:21 PM  
Blogger scrappysue said...

i love it when opportunities like that come along - dive in!

thanks for stopping by

you'd have fun photographing our family for sure!!!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Amy Y said...

Well you are obviously very talented! I love those photos!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

(If you didn't catch it, I'm a surrogate mother ~ thought I'd explain since you were new) :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Perfect timing! I love how you added that you were a photographer. This is right up your alley!

Let us know how it works out.

4:04 PM  
Blogger tommie said...

I bet you will get referrals running out your ears! You are a fabulous photographer.

BTW, Etsy has some very cute moo cases.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence!
Thank you for the website tip, Drea. Thanks for the etsy tip tommie.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh!!!!I love it!! You have so much talent!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

What a great opportunity! I'm happy and excited for you!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home