Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nutcrackin

I took Leila to a child's performance of the Nutcracker this morning.
Here she is with our tickets.

She couldn't believe I let her hold them on the way in.
I couldn't believe I let her hold them on the way in.
The version was only an introduction to the story.
Full symphony and child dancers but no set.

They handed out boosters for all the kids.
Wasn't that nice?
It was magically perfect for her.
And who needs Fritz and Clara when you can get a picture with an elf?
Harpists in the lobby after the performance.

One day she might appreciate the beauty of the symphony
and the graceful pirouettes of the dancers.
But today, for her,

it may have been more about the complimentary candy canes.

That's okay too.

Happy Christmas Memory Making

xo
g

12 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Is she a doll or what??

And does her mom know how to capture the moment or what??

Nice to hear from you!

6:17 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous pics and wonderful merry-making!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger earthlingorgeous said...

Hi Gina! Thanks for dropping by my blog :) Your daughter is so lovely. I love the pics of her with the candy :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger chksngr said...

OH, my goodness...she is the cutest little baby doll!!! LOVE that you are exposing her to symphony music and balet!!! Its like a dream for a little girl!!! Your photos are stunning, my friend!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

5:16 AM  
Blogger tiarastantrums said...

awesome - sounds like a fabulous time! great photos!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I am beyond envious over the coat! I am a nutcracker-aholic myself, so I hope she had fun. My parents took me when I was little and it started a fire in me that has never quite been able to be quenched. I just love ballet!

Happy Holidays!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a cutie pie! How fun that you were able to see a version of the nutcracker designed for young viewers.

That would be a lot of fun!

Thanks for coming by my blog.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Shellie said...

Those pictures are wonderful! I love them and she is a gorgeous subject. She seems to have gotten full enjoyment out of that candy cane.

2:52 PM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

Great photos! My, she is growing up--to cute!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Blessed Nest said...

wow- what a fun experience! She looks like she's having the time of her life!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

I LOVE the one of her in b/w.. so pretty

9:07 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

You've captured the most beautiful moments...beautifully.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home