Sunday, January 04, 2009

This is my Photoshopped Blog

Our pastor this weekend was talking about
all the beautiful Christmas cards he'd received this year.
Touched up with Photoshop.
Gorgeous families which bear no resemblance to
the real thing.
This is my Photoshopped blog.
I can't say it bears NO resemblance to my life.
These truly are my children and this is my house.
But I am a Photoshop junkie.
And Todd's message was much deeper.
(We're all broken. We can come to Christ broken.
He came to seek and save those who were lost.
Not those who were 'religious'.)
But I started thinking about various levels
of 'realness'.
This year I want to be a little more ...human.
That sounds funny.
I mean, letting everyone know we have
...stuff.
With a little bit of Photoshop mixed in.

I'll start with *real* unedited footage of Leila last year.
I love that she says, "I want you to go with me" at the end.


I hope she always wants me to go with her.
xo
g

6 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

That is so sweet Gina ( and now I 'get' your facebook status :p )

I have no idea what cards your Pastor was receiving, but Photoshop should be to enhance colour, or perhaps arrange images into a storyboard - NOT - for full-on digital surgery.

What's the point when no-one can tell it is you ?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

such a sweet clip, Gina. She's a darling. I could just squeeeeeeze her! Thanks for sharing.

I like what you said about being real. So many people work so hard at covering things up - especially in this bolg world. We are all human after all! :)

I loooove what you do with photoshop, by the way!

10:04 AM  
Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I hope so too! This WAS so incredibly sweet.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Kacey said...

Aaaah! That is such a sweet little video!

7:21 PM  
Blogger suzspeaks said...

so sweet!!!

and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!! I wanted to email you but I don't think I have your address. will you email me when you get a chance?

Have a good week!!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

You have an excellent blog. I enjoyed browsing around.

I think I came here from Scarlet's.

Paul Nichols -- Kansas

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home