Saturday, March 28, 2009

Point of Refinement



It's getting easier to go to the park with all of my children together.
I actually went to the park on my own for the first time with all three on Monday.
That's right, the first time.
Luke has always been a runner.
He just takes off.
You can see the potential danger there.
Especially when you have a baby in your arms.
If there are balloons or balls around it adds an even greater challenge.
Luke obsesses over them.
So we can not go to the park without a ball for Luke.
So he has his own.
But today we did have a couple of tantrums.
But I have grown a pretty thick skin when it comes to other people's looks.
No one has ever actually said anything mean.
They do see that Luke is a little (okay, a lot) different from other kids immediately.
And in a way, that helps.
No need to worry about what I'm going to say when they ask.
I've always adored and loved my little Lucas to bits.
Now I can say I enjoy him.
Because I have changed.
I accept him completely and totally the way he is.
The way our omnipotent God made Him.
I wish I could have said this when He was younger.
But I couldn't.
Sadly, I didn't enjoy it when Luke was younger.
It was tough.
But it was me that needed to change.
Not him.
Rather, I needed to be changed.
I still have so far to go.
I was called for this mission.
And God didn't wait for me to be fully equipped.
It truly is a learning process.
But as I wait on Him...
and abide...
and rest...
wisdom and peace will come.

"God is more interested in your character than your comfort; God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy." - Rick Warren

3 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

Gina, I LOVED this post. <3

1:45 PM  
Blogger T-Bone said...

Gina:

How long have I known you? Ten years?

Girl, I knew you were a highly-evolved person when I met you, but after reading this post, I am amazed to discover that you have been becoming even more highly evolved with each passing day.

Unbelievable! Just as I thought you'd reached a pinnacle, you keep scaling up an ever-higher tower.

And Lukey's up at the top of the tower, encouraging you upward, darling.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Beautiful!

Praying for grace in this are with Luke.

You will be able to take Luke anywhere, you will enjoy him thoroughly every minute, God will stretch you, teach you and He hears every cry of your heart Gina. You WERE called to this.

So Precious.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home