Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bullet Points

Today we finished Milly Molly Mandy and tomorrow, for movie night, we'll be watching Anne of Green Gables, the sequel. Popcorn included. Who am I fooling? It's popcorn night with a little bit of movie watching thrown in.
  • There was a substitute sensei in Leila's karate class tonight and he kept calling Leila "Leela" but she said "That's okay, he can call me that if he wants."
  • We've decided on a language program -- Rosetta Stone. We'll go through level 1-3 of Spanish and then level 1-3 of French. I think that will take them up to 7th or 8th grade and then we'll spend some time with Latin.
  • And for math, it looks like it will be Math-U-See. Like so many, I wasn't much for math in school and I wanted to find a way to make it interesting and...let's be honest...easy. I think I may have found it with Math-U-See.
  • I love all the concepts in The Well Trained Mind and am planning on pretty much following it to the letter. The website is chock full of useful tidbits.
  • On the "issues" front, Leila is wanting to talk back to me a bit (okay, a lot) and we are working on saying only, "okay [or] yes, Mommy" rather than her offering her whole line up of "if"s, "and"s and "but"s. Liam issue is SCREAMING! He screams when he's happy and he screams when he cries. I must curve this habit NOW! So not fun.
  • We've read through the beautifully-written, Wind in the Willows recently but I'm thinking of picking it up again.
  • I love Voddie Baucham
  • Liam loves to kiss and it looks something like this:

3 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

Too cute!!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

They are adorable! So it sounds like you are homeschooling?? You are such a good mommy!
J is having similar problems with offering a bit too much of her own advice when responding..:) her mommy is working on that too... Me, I keep forgetting before I've gone into a lengthy discussion with her over some silly thing like why she has to stop jump roping and come to dinner or pick up her things.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I know, Cheryl, it's so easy to try and "reason" with them. I do that all the time. Sometimes a simple, "I said so" is all I have time for. I know the day will come (very soon) when that won't be quite enough. : )

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home