Saturday, July 18, 2009



Recently Rob, out of the blue, brought up Asheville, North Carolina and said it might be a nice place to live. "It's beautiful there." I said, not thinking much about it. A few nights later he brought his resume to me and asked me to take a look at it. Believe it or not, it actually took me a few days to put it together.

Rob used to work with someone who now works in the Asheville office and the head of the office called to see if Rob would be interested in a newly-opened position. I am trying not to get my hopes up but I really don't know how not too. If we lived in Asheville we would be no further than 2 hours from every single member of my family and my children can grow up with their cousins. I can't remember the last time I was hoping for something this much. Since it hit me FINALLY yesterday, and I looked up the job and saw the posting, I've been praying literally almost non-stop that this could work out for us. I love California and I've met some wonderful people and made some beautiful friendships but this would be a dream come true. I'm trying desperately to live in the now and be thankful for where I am.

But when the kids were napping this afternoon I spent almost an hour on Google Earth touring Asheville. I am on the edge of my seat. In the next few weeks I am going to be either elated or very disapointed. I hope I handle whichever is meant to be with the appropriate measure of grace.

3 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

Oh, SO close to me! WOW!

I'd love to live in Asheville too...but its a bit SNOWY for me! :-)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gina....praying...for HIS plans, and peace no matter what! Exciting....hopefully=)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Felicia ~ My brother just accepted a position in Charlotte so we'll probably be there quite a bit if this works out! Thank you so much, Donna, for your prayers. That means so much!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home