Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Pool and My Attitude




At my place in life I've realized that there have to be some "sanity savers" firmly in place.
My faith in Christ and my complete trust in Him to answer all of life's questions in his own time is the first and most reassuring.
After that, there is this place. Our pool.
All the kids love to swim.

At the beginning of summer, Leila wasn't putting her head under water.
Now she is jumping in and going completely under.
She is reaching well and kicking and learning to hold her breath.
I'm so proud of her.


Those were a couple of miscellaneous shots of Liam in the garage...totally unrelated. I just liked his orange shirt.
So back to the pool.

This place even has a great locker room with sauna and steam room and jacuzzi and then there's the work out area and gym. Now if I could just get my keister out of bed in the mornings before the kiddos wake up to work out. I'm weird about the child care. I just can't leave them hardly anywhere for more than a few minutes.
I know I'll have to give that up at some point.

For anyone wondering, there is still no word from Asheville. We haven't heard of anyone getting the position but Rob has not been called for an interview either. There is still hope but I am praying for the right attitude. I will officially close off the possibility in my mind at the end of this month. At that point I'll change my focus back over here and do what I can to make this the best possible home for my Rob and the kids. I've got to try not to be sad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Thank goodness for the pool..here too. Jada is also learning to swim and loves the water..a little fish like her mamma. Attitude adjustments are very hard sometimes. I'll be praying for you. Hugs!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home