Thursday, November 05, 2009

In Time for the Holidays!


The timing couldn't be better in terms of our move to Asheville. We missed the peak of the leaves apparently but boy, not by much. It is stunning.

But the road trip was also an education in and of itself in so many ways. Driving through this great country...talk about some colorful cultures.

Don't get me wrong...I love California. On my first visit my eyes were opened to colors I never knew existed. There is a reason they make movies out there. The lighting is just different. Brighter.
But everyone caught on and now there are
just
so
many
people.

There were times I felt that I just couldn't breathe because of the traffic and because it was so easy to begin to feel like a number.

But it doesn't seem fair to not pay beautiful California it's proper respects.
We are still busy with the business of learning (after all, this is the homeschool blog now) but I thought I'd post a few pictures paying homage to the good ole sunny state...

2 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that the light is different...My hubs thought I was crazy when I told him that the light in NC was different and felt somehow more yellow and less direct. He still thinks I'm nutso!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Yellow light is so much cozier don't you think? :)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home