Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Carlin School Update 2010 - 2011 Week 1A




Leila:
Language Today we begin French year. Rob and I have decided to teach the kids French, Spanish and Latin and we'll have a strong focus on French this year with some exposure to both Spanish and French.
We ordered the Rosetta Stone French and are borrowing Rosetta Stone Spanish and I ordered Ecco Romani A for learning Latin.
Book List: She can't seem to get enough of books and finished reading Molly Pitcher: Girl Patriot by Augusta Stevenson today.

Math and Handwriting: Weak points seem to be math and handwriting. I don't know if the left handedness is contributing to the frustration with the handwriting or if it is just because she is so young. Math-U-See is an amazing program and although she doesn't like Math I can see she is learning more with each exercise which is all we can hope for.

Luke: loves and adores everything about school and his teachers and he even loves riding the bus so much that he falls asleep. So there won't be a whole lot of updating as far as he's concerned. He is happy.

Liam:We're working on Liam's colors and shapes with everything we can find. His letters with Starfall and his numbers with this delightful little collection of videos.

Self:
Book List Don Quixote excerpt p. 502
"Don Quixote remained deep in thought as he awaited the yound graduate Carrasco, from whom he was expecting to hear news about himself published in a book...."the fact that it concerned a knight errant was a guarantee that it would be grandiloquent, lofty, illustrious, magnificent and true."

xo, Gina

8 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

Lets see...Jay and Leila are about the same age...I'll bring him right over...I mean as long as you are teaching handwriting, math, and reading, (AND FRENCH!?!?!?!) I might as well bring them to you! :-) I'm all happy cuz my little 3 yr old is reading simple books, and starting his addition and subtraction. I hadn't thought about FRENCH!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

It's crazy. I'm kind of obsessed I guess. Truth be told, Felecia, I am enjoying getting a chance at a better education myself. I always wanted to learn French! Wow, your three year old is reading!? That is awesome! And learning addition and subtraction --that is big time!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Sounds like school is well underway...I'm so thrilled that Luke is loving school!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jay DePoy said...

Gina,

I am a witness to the outpouring love that you shower your children with! They are constantly on your mind, as you seek to teach, guide, and love them...

Luke, Leila, and Liam have inherited their mother's grace. How blessed they are to grow in that mystery!

Until we meet again,

- Jay

8:31 PM  
Blogger Paul Willis said...

We love you and miss you kids.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Hey Gina,
I decided to return to blog world-again. lol Those languages sound impressive. : ) I originally was going to major in foreign language but decided to go for a husabnd instead, lol I wish I had of stuck with it. I would love to try again but do not think my brain could do it.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Asim said...

Thanks for sharing This is a great post, I stumbled across your article while looking for some random stuff. Thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to return regularly.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Biet thu dep
Biet thu
Thiet ke biet thu
Mau thiet ke biet thu

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home